Moving on to Hamburg.

Had a really odd bed. Very high but each time I got on or off the slippy mattress nearly slipped off so had some tricky moves to make.
However the sunset from my high window was great.
Off
I have been wondering about the meaning of Peace. It seems to mean the lack of violence, etc. That implies a time without something as if anyone negative., 
Yet peace is surely a positive state not a period between two periods of turmoil.
Of course when I now look it up there is lots online and a Peace Academy with all this. Can I ever have an original thought,?
All through this trip I have noticed people just going about their lives doing normal things like weeding or fixing a car or mowing the lawn. Families pushing children on a swing or digging in the sand. Could be anywhere. Sometimes I see a woman walking and she seems just like one I saw in a previous town. Just a woman in a coat walking. Is it the same person I saw in Harwich or Delft or a village I passed through  near Oldehove? We are all so similar. In each little settlement life goes on here in Europe while in Gaza. Ukraine, Sudan and countries wracked with conflict a woman in a coat just walking unhurriedly would be rare.
Saw first man in lederhausen and book in a shop Teatime with Jane Austin 
At the Hyperion hotel on the 8th floor with windows to the floor. I can't look down or stand close to the glass so not sure of the view.
Sheila is here to catch me if I fall
She saw two fights on her 20 minute walk from the station. We did some reconnoitring and headed out for lunch wandering into an upmarket designer home shop or two finding some secateurs for Helen's birthday. Our supper was less successful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

Monday

Iceland and Potfest at Compton Verney on 24th June.