5th I think

Arkaden cafe for soup for lunch on another rainy day. The tomato was probably Campbells.
The only way you know you have crossed into Germany is Uit becomes Ausfahrt and the speed limit of 100 is  crossed out.
Rhododendron garden not open because flowers not out. So booked in early and have lovely little room. 
With balcony so good for drying clothes.
This part of Germany has hundreds of plant nurseries lots of trees in particular.
Bought a t shirt and jumper .
Easier to buy when it's in euros and the clothes I have are looking rather jaded.
Oh and another propellor.
There are some interesting rewilding projects around here where the peat bogs are. Lots of disputes about whether wind turbines, though welcome, should be sited on these precious peat lands.
 Also there is a Lego exhibition tomorrow celebrating 900 years of Bad Zwischenahn which is a spa town where I am staying. Quite an upmarket place but a lot of elderly as you might expect in a spa town on a lake. 
It's been very interesting to go to places I had never heard of and find out about them.
It's also supposed to be 23° tomorrow which would make it the hottest of least cold since I left home.
but comparing the sky from when I arrived earlier things are looking up.
Other differences I have noticed already that fewer people speak English.
People don't just say hello randomly everywhere 
The Germans prefer you to pay in cash and they eat later than the Dutch who start any time from 4.30.
I think this is the smartest place I have stayed so wore my new jumper.
Tesla's in the car park.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

Monday

Iceland and Potfest at Compton Verney on 24th June.