Friday and saturday

We went to Lurs but the massive walk up the little village defeated me so I wandered round the old cobbled lanes. So narrow you wonder how vans get through. Here are some pics. No cafe open.
It was 38 degrees and my eyes are very sore still like they were in the heatwave on June.
But as Patrick commented we have survived the one here for a week.
Here is another friend whom I first met last year.
Annemarie, taken on our last evening. My other friend is Cecile and we had a lot of laughs. I don't mind when they are all talking French in fact it's quite peaceful.
Took me 7 hours to get across to Farrou to a nice hotel famed for its food.
Came through mountains and here the crop is mainly corn rather than grapes and fruit and olives and sunflowers.
The soil has more iron so the houses are not pale and they have grey rooves.
Around Rodez I saw much more industry and new housing estates, not just high rises. In Nimes there is a different feeling perhaps because it is a university town.
The sheets and pillow case are a kind of bubbly fabric like seersucker from the Persian.
My reverse light is faulty so trying not to have to reverse.
Found out that my eyes are suffering from the heat all the symptoms thereof. So I'm waiting to be cool again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

Monday

Iceland and Potfest at Compton Verney on 24th June.