7th May

 A busy weekend - though these days being busy has developed rather different conotations. Being too busy is a bit show off and is a sort of status symbol for those who think that way on the other hand not being busy enough is negative. Slow time is now considered best for our mental health.

Otis had something called slap cheek, a disease I had never heard of but apparently common Parvo virus which is cold like with red cheeks. Goodness how many times do little children have red cheeks with a cold? Especially when we lived in the Free State and no one ever mentioned that it was an illness and contagious! Anyway he was most helpful decorating all the cakes.

Well after a wet week on my birthday on Saturday 4th it was glorious warm sunny weather all day. Here is the annual photo of the kids, for once all looking happy  which is not easy to achieve though I think that Sophie was doing antics to encourage this. 

Lisa took one of the photos and the other was taken by Rob but portrait was on - often happens so rather blurred.


Then a cricket game ensued which reminded me of the old house games - lovely.
Had another painting giveaway and 4 went, to Tom, Lisa and Claire.

On Sunday 5th I had my 3 bridge friends for tea. I had hoped for lots of left overs but not enough so made more scones. Of course it rained.
On Bank Holiday Monday I joined Helen doing a car boot fair in Burford. Heath came and helped. A woman bought all 7 of my paintings. All pics I didn't want to keep. In total sold £50 worth so happy about that.
Now 7th May I go to Sally Kidd where I am doing my exercises. Then have to talk to the nurse about my BP so took three readings today.
8.30 sitting on my bed left arm 169/92/77, went to the loo came back 8.35 sitting on bed right arm 150/75/77, 8.40 sitting on bed left arm 133/80/73 - so make of all that what she will. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

Monday

Iceland and Potfest at Compton Verney on 24th June.