What a lucky break to get into a decent hotel.
Proper shower, breakfast and a lift to top floors and lift down to basement which takes the cars! St Antoine Hotel.
I had forgotten how dead France is on Sunday. Nothing open, even finding a cafe in the city is not easy.
However I did find the Musee de Beaux Arts.
Some lovely Egyptian artefacts.
There was an exhibition of Roger Edgar Gillet on. So that brings in tiny tots with parents for a half hour with stories about the artist.
Then amongst the many modern pictures was this of Joan Mitchell who Robin talks about. Not sure why.
Another roofline. This from the rooftop restaurant at Mama.
The old timberframed houses behind the cathedral where I popped in for part of the service but left when communion started.
The square in front.
Well what came next was me getting totally lostwalking back in the dark. The GPS seemed to give up and at one stage seemed be in Canada. After about an hour I realised I had no hope of finding my way so resorted to an Uber. No taxis anywhere and cafes all closing. So back in my room safe.