No real plans and work at Tom's house is pretty much finished. Tenant supposedly moving on Sept 1.
Hottest July and the sunniest. 34 as I write this on 3rd. It's quite scary where this is going.
Heard two days later tenant couldn"t get guarantors. New ones ok.
For those of us who can remember 1976 it was a glorious summer and now 50 years later we are having another to remember. Will it be another 50 years, probably not. The lovely creamy grasses nod at you along the country roads. I love it.
Dead tree with owl box.
Today 12th there is a 90 percent eclipse. I am waiting for it. The birds at 6.12 are already quiet. Can they feel something odd. The shadows seem to be getting longer. How cool will it get?
I looked up Fairford Eclipse and found it was a bathroom fixtures brand!
At 7.05 got a little cooler and perhaps darker but so far a non-event here. At 7.12 this is the sun.
Can't see any moon covering it. I think we missed it here.
Darcey got A in law. B in psychology and criminology so I'm £1300 poorer but many congratulations to her.
At 37 degrees no one should have to work outside and Oti is playing cricket.
15th took Anna Orpen to the Cotswold Sculpture Park past lots of people going to the various water park activities.
Today 20th August we had a little rain. Enough to wet the patio. Trees are looking very distressed, we won't know if some have died until spring.
Two cygnets wandering on to our driveway. A bit lost and little water in the stream.
The world mourns the death of Dolly Parton.
Its still 28 on 26th and more heat expected.
My garden is dry but the trees are struggling to stay alive.
Here come the sheep trying to find a bit of green they don't like reeds.
Guess what? It poured with rain on 27th.
28th and learnt about mast years from Chris today. Often brought on by summer drought. My beech tree seems to be experiencing it with dead leaves and thousands of beech nuts. There is only one squirrel.
Finished the month with a painting by Heath.